Happy Friday Boys and Girls. We’ve made it – the weekend is nearly here. I am going out tomorrow night for the first time since Christmas to celebrate my friends “Baby Daddy Shower” because why can’t men celebrate the joyous occasion as well.
I have to thank Paolo for nominating me – check his blog out HERE, his work and content is amazingly put together, such a good read and also just really nice guy who is mega supportive.
THE BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD
So this award is basically an award made by bloggers for bloggers. These awards are not so much awards in the traditional sense but rather a fun way to show other bloggers support and appreciation. It’s also a nice way to get to know a bit more about some of the bloggers out there. That being said here are the rules for this award:
- You have to write a blog post thanking the person that nominated you.
- Explain your story on how and why you started blogging.
- Share two general pieces of advice to other bloggers.
- Nominate fifteen other bloggers and let them know you’ve nominated them too.
Let’s get right to it then.
Why Am I Here!
The reason I got into blogging was, I wanted to make a parenting fatherhood blog, a place to document and writing about the trails of being a Daddy! But as we are currently not on the children conversation level that is a long way off – but I still wanted to start a blog. So I decided to change it from Parenthood to Adulthood – showcasing my life becoming an adult, dealing with bills and banks and buying new bedding.
Which is where we are now! Hello.
- Don’t be afraid to laugh or potentially be laughed at – this isn’t as mean as it might sound. I’m at a point in my life where I just generally don’t care what people think about things I say or do. When I was younger I used to constantly rack my mind with alternate situations where – “If I do this, those people will laugh” scenarios and that can be damaging to a personality and someone’s confidence I think. So I got out of that habit, but I still see it a lot today – people who are worried about what other people will think about them. This isn’t a good thing – which leads to my advice. Whatever you do, do it for the right reasons that you believe in. Don’t worry about what someone will say – there is 100’s of 1000’s of people in this world, at least one person will disagree or find a way to take offense and then will try to bring you down. Ignore that. Stay smiling. Do it for you! Not for them.
- Tweet till you can’t tweet no more – I have found Twitter to be the best platform to promote my blog and to meet new friends and other bloggers. Interact with people, even if it starts as a little “Well Done” or “I do that too :)” it’s a start and gives you an in to start making friends with and contacts. These people will become your online community, friends and family. They are the best bunch of misfits, randomers and beautiful supportive people you could ever find. Trust me!
Now it’s time for the Nominations: The tough part because I have to find their addresses for each for each blog. . . . but that’s worth it. Check all of these out and I can’t wait to read your replies.
- Kerry – Kerrylifeandloves.com
- Alex – Alexandrarees.blog
- Anthony – DadaAndMonkey.co.uk
- Dave – TheYorkshireDad.com
- Milli – Milliberman.com
- Alex – YoungMummaLooks
- MJ – Mjw.wales
- Kelly – TheYorkshireFitGal.wordpress.com
- Jess – JessEatsAndTravels.com
- Abi – RamblingsOfABlonde.co.uk
- Lauren – BournemouthGirl.wordpress.com
- Jacob – Stylerblogs.weebly.com
- Claire – ThatMummaRocks.com
- Steph –DiaryofaBoringSoberBitch.com
- David – DadVWorld.com