Welcome one and all to the marvelous mysterious Blogger Recognition Award. Today I have to thank Laura from Purlls of Wisdom who has tagged me in this, to see her award click HERE. Laura I want to thank you so much for thinking of me, saying those kind words and for being all round AWESOME! You are doing such a great job and to see you grow and build in the community is amazing.
And I strongly recommend everyone who does follow her to go off and do so . . .NOW!
Right let’s get down to brass tax on this one. Here is the copied and pasted jargon. The T&C’s as it were. We all know them, but we have to show we know, you know!
So what exactly is the Blogger Recognition Award?
It’s an award given by other bloggers that think your blog is going places. That, or they think you deserve the recognition. We’re all here to help each other, and bring something new to the table.
Like many of these blogging awards, there are rules; these particular rules, while not-concrete, must be followed to claim the Blogger Recognition Award.
The rules are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post responding to the nomination.
- Give a short story on how you started your blog.
- Give 2 pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers.
- Let the bloggers know that you have nominated them. And provide them with a link to the post you created.
The Origin part to my Superhero Story.
I originally decided to get into blog because I wanted to set up a parenting blog, do something creative and help represent the male side of the population. This was all forward thinking as the children conversation hadn’t been discussed with the GF. But I got so excited with what the blog could be that I decided to change it to a documentary of my life so I could build a platform and then when I shift into the parenting world I will be ready. And now I am – because you are all amazing people who read this.
Advice Time for New Bloggers.
- One: Stay Strong and Sassy! There will be moments you think, this isn’t working, no one is reading this, does that even make sense. Forget all of these thoughts. Blogging isn’t about the numbers and the followers. It’s about YOU! This is a place for you to be who you want and do what you want! There will always be someone who doesn’t like what you say, your thoughts or opinions. But for that one person there will be 10 people praising you. They are good odds.
- Two: Interact. Don’t be shy. Introduce yourself to people or just comment on something you see. The best friendships come from the smallest step. Half the people I consider amazing blogging pals I can’t tell you how we got talking. But it would have been a small like, or a shared passion and it just blossoms.
As you might know from other posts this is the bit I don’t like in these awards. Because I need to pick a few from the bunch and then also remember all their twitter handles so I can tag them later. But here we go.
Obviously goes without saying. Follow all the below. Trust me.
- Megs – Blog: Respirare – Twitter: @RespirareXO
- Leann – Blog: ArthritisFighter – Twitter: @lifewithcaleb_x
- Laura – Blog: DirectlyLaura – Twitter: @DirectlyLaura
- Janita – Blog: TylerBelle – Twitter: @TylerBelle2
- Sarah – Blog: UnexploredBoundaries – Twitter: @SarahDanne
- Matt – Blog: MattViews – Twitter: @MattViews1
- Laura – Blog: LauraJacquesAINH – Twitter: @Laura_AIMH
- Paul – Blog: BrutalHonestyBlogger – Twitter: @PaulMcG1994
- Bryony – Blog: BryonyPerfectlyImperfect – Twitter: @BryonyAshaw
- Annie – Blog: The Next Avenger – Twitter: @MissAnnieLarkin
- Alix – Blog: All Lady A – Twitter: @AllLadyA
- Ellie – Blog: The Diary of Ellie – Twitter: @TheDiaryofEllie
- Megara – Blog: Mystic Mogwai – Twitter: @Megzmoz
- Christina – Blog: Navigation To Happiness – Twitter: @Navig8happiness
- Michael – Blog: MNeale Writing – Twitter: @_MNeale