They say that Music is the great healer. Music covers every mood and thought, bringing inspiration or motivation to any situation.
Rules for the Pick Me Up Playlist Challenge:
- Mention how music helps your Mental Health
- List 10 songs that you would consider to be a part of your ‘Pick Me Up Playlist’ (optional: mention a little bit why each song is on your list)
- Tag the blogger who nominated you
- Link back to ‘Pick Me Up Playlist’ creator – Laura Spoonie
- Tag 10 other bloggers to join in with the ‘Pick Me Up Playlist’ Challenge
I am a strong believer of music being the cure for everything. The effects it has can be so beneficial to mental health, there is also a song or a band that will help you through any mood or situation. If you cry, they cry. You laugh, they laugh. Music is so pure and fluid it can mean and be anything you want.
My Pick Me Up Playlist
- Ballroom Blitz – Sweet.
- My Ultimate get psyched song. If I am ever in need of a buzz or I’m in a get the day going kind of mood. This gem works wonders.
- Paradise by the Dashboard Light – Meatloaf.
- Well there is Rock Opera Ballard’s and then there is this masterpiece. 6 minutes of life you never regret and are almost half tempted to repeat the song. The song tells the story of a couple at make out point getting it on. It’s very smart and so much fun.
- I Fought the Law – The Clash.
- This song always reminds me of sitting in the library at college with my best friend. There is a video somewhere of me miming this song with full air guitar and drums. Just good times really.
- We Are Young – Fun.
- I remember this tune being big Summer 2012 as I just started a new job and this was constantly on the radio. It’s an upbeat sing along with heart and passion that always bring a smile to my face.
- California Soul – Marlena Shaw.
- This song taps into my southern soul vibe, attempting to cover the accent as I belt it out. It just a happy fun tune.
- Human – Rag’n’Bone Man.
- This is a real motivational get pumped tune. They used it for the Jack Ryan trailer and since then has been a boost in my head. A strong voice, stronger lyrics and a kick ass beat.
- Disco 2000 – Pulp.
- I am a fan of all ranges of music, but there is something about the older generation of music that really sticks. Modern music doesn’t cut it like this list and Disco 2000 is an amazing sing along song for me.
- You Make My Dreams Come True – Hall And Oates.
- Now yes this might remind you of the hyper-real scene from (500) Days of Summer which signifies the couple having sex but that aside it’s still a really upbeat song with a cool rift to jive too.
- Killer Queen – Queen.
- I could have picked any Queen song – they are all perfect but I have picked this because my GF loves it and we sing it about her. If this one doesn’t get you pumped I am not sure what will.
- Give Me Novacaine – Green Day.
- Green Day for me are THAT band – no matter the mood or time I can always listen to them and there is always a song that is fit for the occasion. They have helped me through a lot and have always been there for me.
Though this is the part of the post I am not a fan of, tagging people. Cause I have to decide out of the hundreds of you amazing people who to tag. Then I have to take all your details, copy and paste it and then pow. It’s long winded cause I always forget usernames and handles. Wish me luck.
I want to see the following tackle this: