After some amazing and lovely feedback from the first part of this post, here I am . . . yes you guessed it – with the second part.
This was meant to be included in the guide but that post just ran away with me and got a bit too long to include a Top Five in it, but that is good because now I have a bit more space to go in-depth. Also remember I am only picking from the MCU. So lets jump straight to the point shall we.
Here is my list, in no order.
My Marvel Top Five!
- The Avengers – The first outing who the whole team. This gathered Earth’s Mightiest Heroes in one super-sized cinema screen which was something that had never really been done before. . . And my god I loved every single minute of it – I still do in fairness, it holds up nicely and has everything you could ever ask for. Favourite Scene: The Battle of New York, the way the camera pans around the streets and joins all the heroes up in one amazing action shot.
- Captain America: Civil War – Again another outing for the group and a bigger selection of character. I like this more and more nowadays, we’ve seen these characters and we know they live in the same world. So it makes sense we see them pop up in each others movies and this does exactly that. With the introduction of Spider-Man and Black Panther this just showed another level to the MCU and their ability to maintain so many big names and character in one scene. Favourite Scene: The Airport Scene – Watching everyone go against each other, even if they are friends – Clint and Natasha exchanging banter between blows. While Spider-Man brings a youth and excitement to the fight which is refreshing and comical.
- Guardians of the Galaxy – The Avengers in Space . . . with a talking tree. Not knowing much about the Guardians when it first came around I was intrigued about the idea of the ragtag group of space cowboys and douchebags. And let’s be honest the film did not disappoint – with an amazing cast, brilliant action scenes and phenomenal soundtrack, Guardians took the world by storm and became a hit. Favourite Scene: The Kiln Prison Escape Scene. The comedy mixed with the action works amazingly, using this scene to demonstrate each characters traits and styles.
- Thor: Ragnarok – Now when people say the third in the trilogy is always the worst we can all response with this film. I am probably going to be bold enough to say this is the BEST Thor film out there. Expanding the world even more and somewhat grounding Thor as he meets not just Gods, but Dictators, Slaves and waste landers. The style of this film comes out swinging with a comical element that doesn’t grow old and the story plays a big part in the MCU, with several nods to the bigger picture of Thanos and the Infinity War. Favourite Scene: Has to be Thor fighting the Hulk.
- Captain America: Winter Solider – The reason this gem has hit the list is because of the genre and style of the film. I am a big Spy / Espionage film fan and this one delves straight into the genre. Watching Captain America adjust to the modern world and deal with a whole new way of life is really interesting to watch as well. Also this film links really nicely to the TV show – Agents of SHIELD, you can see how they are effected by this movie. Favourite Scene: The Elevator Fight Scene, it might be short and sweet but it’s tense and slightly comical how many people keep getting in compared to the amount that walk (or burst) out.
I just love the MCU films as a form of escapism and geek rolled into one. They have worked the formula out and continue to nail it. If you are anything like me, you will be counting day the days till you see Infinity Wars (5 days to go) and trying to remain the calm and collective individual that you are while on the inside screaming in sheer fan girl style. I would love to know your Top Five films so drop me a comment or a line on twitter and let me know.
Right now go and enjoy the weekend. I have taught you all I can in the time we have left. I wish you luck, it’s been a pleasure as always.