So today feels like a day of awards. I had not long posted The Neat Blogger Award found HERE. When the ever so delightful Abbie tagged me in this.
Now I am not one to let my loyal lovely followers and fans down. So here we are again. Typing up another award (I love it, these are the best). You might have noticed the timeline doesn’t match up. That award was on Tuesday and it is now . . . not Tuesday (unconfirmed what day I will be posting). That is because I didn’t want to Saturate the market as it were. Keeping you all guessing, wanting more.
Shall we begin.
It was a lousy afternoon at work, the skies were grey and the air warm and humid. Suddenly a notification flew into my Twitter box. I had been mentioned in a Tweet by @WhatAbbieSays – Thank you for that lovely! Here is here Award if you want to find out more about here. Hit HERE now!
If you do not follow her then we need words, sit down, gather round and let me tell you about our heroine Abbie. Who can be found over on “What Abbie Says” she is such an; awesome, sassy, caring, amazing, lovely girl who supports everyone, doesn’t sugar coat it and then enjoys a cheeky Gin and Tonic when the day is done. I can’t remember how we met, but it can’t have been too long ago as I’ve only been here less than a year. But it feels like I have known her for years. I am going to move on now in worry that this starts to shape up into a soppy love letter or estranged fan mail letter.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog;
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you;
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award and ask them 11 new questions; and
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog site.
Why did you start your blog?
This started with the idea of being a Parenting Blog, from the fathers point of view – as I feel the ratio of Mothers to Fathers blogs is in favour of the ladies. But as I have no actual child or the idea of having one yet, I decided to set up a blog about Adulthood and me growing up becoming old and dealing with crap. Then by the time the children come along this blog with be up and running.
Pineapple on a pizza? Yay or nay?
Ooh controversial question – probably not going to like my answer. But damn son I love the Pineapple, on pizza, on chicken burgers, on gammon. It’s sweet, sour, juicy – what is not to love. Keep the pineapple going strong.
If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for?
This will sound soppy as SIN but I have always been told it, for like years, I give THE best hugs. Bring it on I would take home the gold.
What would you have for your dream three course dinner?
Now this might change but right now; Halloumi Fries with Chilli Jam, a beast of a Sirloin Steak (Rare) and to finish, a plain and simply tasty Vanilla Cheesecake. Not too shabby hey.
If you had unlimited funds to build a house that you would live in for the rest of your life, what would the finished house be like?
Now I am not greedy, I don’t need mansions or helipads. But you know the America Family Homes you see in films, where the Mom and Pop have the kids and grand kids over for Christmas dinner. The large open plan kitchen, dinning room, maybe two living rooms. Upstairs maybe four double bedrooms, a study, walk in wardrobes. The large bathroom with two sinks as the master bathroom. Double garage, large garden, decking area with outdoor furniture and a big BBQ grill.
Maybe it is sounding borderline mansion like, but I just want to be able to always host and have people stay. Y’all can come visit!
Are you usually early or late?
Early. It’s a big pet peeve being late. Sadly my GF has terrible time management and it drives me up the wall.
What would be your ideal way to spend the weekend?
Friday Night. Takeaway Pizza – Couple of Movies.
Saturday. Lounge, maybe a spot of shopping (in my favour though, none of this being dragged round Primark and Next for hours upon end, no sir), some Playstation. Then to a bar for a few drinks with some friends.
Sunday. A lay in, bacon and egg sandwich, then chilling with some binge TV or films. Just some chilled time.
What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?
Make a list of 30 Before 30. It’s eye-opening, challenge yourself.
How different was your life one year ago?
The blog, less than a year old. It’s been a whirlwind and I love it. It has given me a place to express myself and meet some awesome people.
What is something that your friends would consider “so you”?
Hmm; I’d love to say my charm or comical genius. But it would probably be my film knowledge and intelligence – wow that sounded arrogant. But yeah film knowledge and actors is off the chain – Ross would know this, or Ross could tell you that.
I hope that’s the right answer, now I think about it is that “So Me”
If someone narrated your life, who would you want to be the narrator?
I would have to go with someone like Michael Caine or James Earl Jones – though I don’t think my life is exciting for his booming voice. Maybe Brian Blessed.
My Questions For You.
- If you could see any Band or Musician that has sadly passed away who would you see?
- What are your thoughts on Avocados?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Would you rather have no hands or no feet?
- We are going to form a band, what position would take?
- What is the most influential quote you have in memory?
- Which is scarier, Space or the Depths of the Ocean, and why?
- What are your thoughts on the scandalous “Reality” TV shows, such as MADE IN blah blah or Real Housewives of who knows-where?
- Morecambe and Wise or Two Ronnie’s?
- If you could hang out with any Kids TV Character from your childhood who would it be?
- What Animal would you be most excited to see at the Zoo?
This is the bit I dislike because it takes ages for me to decide who to tag (I want to tag you all) and then I have to find your info and remember to tag you in the tweet. But let’s go!
- Joanne over at Winging Mama-Hood
- Erika over at Mz Imperfect
- Laura over at Merkitty
- Sara over on Insta – I guess you’ll have to impressive the answers but I am psyched to see how you do it. SingleSara7
- Gareth over on 16BitDad
- Anne on Forever The Wanderer
- Holly over on Honestly Holly
- Katy & her travel tips on Katy’s Travel Hints and Tips
- Shannon over at Shannon Diana
- The Average Bloke (For some reason I don’t know your name, but none the less awesome blog) over on Average Bloke Blogger
- Stephie over on Stephie Chapman
All are amazing bloggers, friendly people and supportive guys and gals. You should check them all out, follow each other and spread the love.