I want to thank all my fans and family and the barista in Starbucks for this award, it means so much to me and my world is complete.
My thanks go out to G over on 16bitdad – who if you don’t follow him (and you should) he runs a pretty awesome parenting and retro gaming blog. Mixing life tales of child proofing and moving house with articles on the worst Video Game Films and reviews on Welsh Horrors that I had never even heard of. Such a good blog and such an awesome helpful guy.
- Put the award label on your blog.
- Thank the people who nominated you and link to their blogs.
- Answer the 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, include links to their blogs (and ask them 7 questions).
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog or twitter etc)
Well then, the time has come for me to pass on this award and bring attention to some other bloggers! But first, let’s take a look at the 7 questions that those bloggers will need to answer:
- What does blogging mean to you and has this changed since you first started?
- To me blogging is an output, a way to document life and record development, but since starting and joining some amazing groups and communities it now also means friendship and support, both getting and giving. It’s crazy to see how many people appreciate what I have to say and listen or even ask for help.
- What was the biggest mistake you made with your blog?
- I would probably say starting my format over on WIX and the moving to WordPress – in no disrespect to WIX, they were great. But I think the change meant almost starting again in regards to building a following. But we live and learn.
- If you could change one thing about your blog, what would it be?
- Knowledge. I wish I knew more on SEO and the Jargon that comes with the technical side of things, I think developing that skill will help progress my blog.
- How do you come up with your blog’s post ideas?
- I literally just write what comes into my head, regardless of the sensitivity of the topic. If it effects or bothers me so much I feel the need to air my thoughts then I will. Or I will just make up a topic and watch it develop.
- Which other blogs do you read the most?
- Upon reading this my mind has just gone blank. I can’t think of a name or page of the top of my head. Oh no! Try THIS ONE, and THIS oh and HERE
- Bit of mystery there of who they belong too, three very talented and delightfully amazing ladies, Maud, Jess and Abbie – all loveable, insightful and well worth the follow.
- What is your biggest blogging pet peeve?
- The Follow / Unfollow game! A sneaky cheeky way to up stats and figures. Which is just fickle, I try to talk to my followers. There is some awesome people out there. There is no need to Follow/ Like something / Then Unfollow.
- What’s the most embarrassing thing you have done whilst trying to get imagery or content for your blog?
- I did a post about Bras and the equality in the female market. Which can be read HERE – but if you notice the top image I put together myself but it did involved searching the internet for Stock Files of Women in Bras which opened the internet up to showing me similar stuff – only to then have my GF walk in and ask “What the hell am I looking at?” – It made sense in the end, but she thought I was being very casual with porn. #Awkward
Eeny Meeny Miny Moe I pick:
- My main man Matt over here . . . HELLO
- The splendidly lovely Issy Belle . . . BOOM
- Directly picking Laura . . . CHECK IT
- And newly acquainted Em Bumble . . . TA-DAH
Your challenge if you choose to accept it and my golly I hope you do. Is to answer these gems!
- How have you found your Blogging journey so far?
- If you could host a meetup event for you and your blogger pals, what would you do and where?
- If you had all the skills in the world so anything was possible what else would you run a blog about?
- Imagine you have invented THE best new gadget that could help everyone, what is it and what does it do?
- You have the power to make one wish, it could be as big and world-changing or as little as matching your socks up. (Can’t wish for more wishes) What would you wish for?
- What is your blog origin story? What gamma radiation hiccup brought you to here?
- A mad man is holding the world hostage and the only way to stop him is for you to give up a sense (Touch, Sight, Smell, Taste or Hearing) which would you give up and why? (I know that is very implausible and silly, but we like silly)
Now off you pop, do the post, I can not wait to read these and get some more insight into who you really are. I am sure it’s all good.
And to finish off have a photo of me “Hulk Smashing” the pavement. Just cause really!